Monday 16 May 2016

The Wild Rose

Allow me to 'introduce' you to the latest completed creation from my craft room (a.k.a. the lounge), its a piece entitled 'The Wild Rose'. It was, in part, inspired by one of my favorite songs by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Its called "Where The Wild Roses Grow" (here is the YouTube link, in case you are curious/interested - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDpnjE1LUvE).


I didn't really do anything in the creation of this piece that I haven't done before, so I won't bore you with all the boring WIP photos...

 

The eyelashes that I used this time were, instead of individual hairs/false (people) lashes, I purchased some actual doll's lashes. The difference that it makes is rather awesome.You can find them from this site: http://www.ooakartistemporium.com/index.html . (Please note that I am recommending this lady not because she asked/payed me to, but because I have used her services myself, and found her to be awesomely helpful and her prices are very reasonable.)

  



The feet are probably my favorite part of this sculpture; not because I have a thing for feet (in fact they tend to give me the creeps in general), but because I think that they look so good. I love the detail.


The roses that I used here are the same ones that I made in my previous post. Here's a link to it: http://whatsannadoingtoday.blogspot.com.au/2016/05/polymer-roses.html




And that's that. I would love to know what you think...

Until next time,
ACL.


No comments:

Post a Comment