Sunday 29 May 2016

A scarf for Dad...

Hello beautiful people...

Well here we are again; another day, another post, another project. 

I know that I shared some faces and thoughts on a project that I was working on, but the sad truth is that the mushroom fairy project has been put on hold for the time being, indefinitely.  I had one too many challenges with getting the body to come 'to life'. 
In the end (when her shin was almost as long as her upper leg and torso put together,) I gave it up. I had redone the legs so many times, baking her over and over, that she seemed to have a really bad tan (where the clay started to burn/scorch, regardless of the fact that I had covered it) something that I have never been able to recover from. 

I will most likely pick the project up at some point in the future, as I really love the whole idea (layout etc), but I daresay that, for the moment, it is going to stay on the 'to do' list.

And so, not for the first time, I have very little to show for today, so I thought that I could share with you a project that I completed a fair while ago...

Once upon a time... 

No, not really. Some time ago however, Dad thought he would challenge me with a project that he didn't think I would be able to do. Well that was the impression that I got, and I have a stubborn streak in me second to none, so what else could I do but accept? 

He wanted me to knit him "a scarf or something with the company logo on it, if you can." I did.


Here is the actual logo:

I will admit that I faced a bit of a challenge, as at the time I had never before knitted with multiple colours at the same time; and, naturally, I had no set pattern to work off of, well not until I made/wrote one...

I started out by copying the design onto a few sheets of graph paper. Once I was satisfied with the result (that is to say after a fair few attempts - and a few choice words), I found that for the design to look good, I had to eliminate some of the finer branches and smooth out some of the other details, a knitted design would just not accommodate some of the finer details. 

In the end the pattern looked something like this:





Then it was simply a matter of consulting my well stocked bookshelves for the correct knitting books, one that would guide me in mastering knitting with the multiple coloured yarns at the same time...

In the end I think that it turned out rather well, and I love the contrast of the blue and the gray, but I'll admit that if I were to make it again I will definitely make a few changes (not that I am intending to make another any time soon).




In case you were wondering, yes! I am working on a few things, including my triple blanket, I pulled it out again a few days ago. 
(This is an old photo, just because I am a little too lazy to take some new ones tonight.)


I have also just started another polymer clay project that I am really excited about, but for now I will keep it to myself.

And so lovely ones, 

Until next time,
ACL.

No comments:

Post a Comment