Wednesday 20 April 2016

Back to normal...

I have been a little quiet for a few days, I know, but I truly have a good reason; well two in-fact.

There is the finger thing, (you know, my fight with the door) and then there is the fact that my favorite people in the world came to visit us from out of state.
My mom, my dad and my baby brother (who happens to be almost 18) all came up to see us for a few days and (unfortunately) went home this afternoon. Whilst they were here I didn't do much in the way of crafting anything, except a few batches of scones and some triple-choc fudge brownies. 

I did however spend some time showing my baby brother how to make the koi pond. You know this one: http://whatsannadoingtoday.blogspot.com.au/2016/04/remember-these.html


We spent some time playing with the polymer clay, after which I ended up making something similar to the tin version, only this time in a little dessert glass.


Unfortunately I was a little impatient and slightly over confident, which resulted in a bit of a disaster. The whole thing is filled with bubbles, making the 'water look a little cloudy; and also I'm not sure if the stone chips that I used as the decoration at the bottom works. 






Oh well, now I know to take my time and be a little more cautious and slightly less impatient.

Now for a bit of good news: My finger is finally getting back to normal again. It looks much worse, but it feels fine. 
This, of course, means that I should be able to get back to some of that knitting that I was doing before forgetting how to use a door...  (That is unless I get distracted by something else in the mean time...)





For now, however, I think that is it, so...

Until next time,
ACL.

No comments:

Post a Comment