Thursday 28 April 2016

A Little More

Just checking in with a quick update from yesterday. Here is what she looks like now:



I know that the hair is a bit of a mess at the moment, but I really do have a perfectly good explanation for that: see I took these photos because I can't stand seeing those bald pics from yesterday and I would hate for that to be the way you remember her, so I thought I should update to the current view. The problem however is that I was a little too generous with the glue during the last phase of adding the hair and so it is taking a really long time for the glue to dry (if you look closely at the second pic you might be able to see some of the glue; it does however dry clear, thankfully) and I know form experience that if I was to fiddle with the hair before the glue is dry it will most likely just ruin a whole day's worth of work, therefor you get to see what she looks like before I get to style her hair.

You may also notice that he is having some issues with her one shoulder. The reason for this is because she fell off of my work bench/surface (insert horror-stricken 'NOOOOO!' scream here) and her arm broke (and yes, some tears were shed). I have tried my best to fix this, but because she already had hair, I couldn't add more clay and bake her (the hair I'm using is plastic) I might have to come up with some other solution. 
My only saving grace at this point is that, thankfully, that shoulder should be mostly covered with her 'clothes', but more on that tomorrow, or indeed, when I manage to add them. 

And so:
Until next time,
ACL

No comments:

Post a Comment