Tuesday 28 June 2016

Gummi Madness: Prt The Last of the Glenn Gummi's (6)...



This is the end of the series (yes, there is still some work left to be done, but no more Gummi's), and to tell you the truth I have some very mixed feelings about it. 

I started this project some time ago, towards the end of May, I think, and I have enjoyed the journey immensely. True, I took a break from sculpting somewhere in the middle of this project, but not for very long.
One of the things that I think I loved the most, throughout this entire series, has been the variety in colour that I don't generally get to work with, not on this scale, in my other sculpting projects.  Sure I have used a bit of colour here and there (The Wild Rose of example), but never to the extent that I got to play with colour during the Gummi Madness Series. 

On the other hand, however, I always find it extremely satisfying to complete a sculpture and even more so when that sculpture is part of a set. It makes me feel like I am making the world less gray, making a difference in some small way; even if it is just by, maybe, inspiring someone through sharing my processes here, with you all...

Anyway, enough of that, lets get right to it. Here is Tummi Gummi: (Again I will just share the pictures without giving too much explanation of my actual process...)


 






Okay, so I might have neglected my camera in the process of making this bear, but I honestly did nothing on this one that I didn't do on the others, and there are plenty of pics showing said steps in a bit more detail...

Shall we have a look at Tummi Gummi from different angles?




And that's that. Now all I have to do is figure out how I will display them as I really don't want them living on the medicine cups for all eternity. I am toying with a fed ideas, but nothing definite has come to light yet, but I will definitely keep you up to date in that regard.

Oh! Just before I sign off I thought that I could let this little guy sneak in too:





Yip, that's right, it's Duke Igthorn's loyal second in command: Toadwart! 
Okay, so I know that he is not really a Gummi Bear, but he is part of the Gummi Bears' world, but I made him mainly because Mom asked nicely, and because he really is too stupid to be a 'bad guy'. Also, I couldn't resist (I had just bought some miniature feather boas that were just perfect for his shoulder tufts)...

Well, that is all for today. 
I'm off to ponder a more permanent mounting solution for my bears (and Toadie), and I will get back to you once that is done. 

Until next time,
ACL.

No comments:

Post a Comment