Wednesday 8 June 2016

Gummi Madness: Prt 3

Yes my lovelies: We are half way there!!!
Because there is very little difference in the process involved in making these particular bears (the colour and their individual expressions/outfits are different, but the techniques involved in reaching the end result are all the same...), I have decided that perhaps I should only share photos, lest I repeat my self and bore both of us to death...

 
(I may have lied, just a little, about not writing anything...)

This is the colour guide that I used and one of the reference pictures that I had close at hand. The clay has been blended and I am ready to begin.
 The face as a WIP (work in progress).
 The body; before it became the body...

Bulk of the body done, hat added; now the arms...
Legs and feet done. Just the skirt to go. For some reason none of the Bears wear pants...
 
Here he is, just before he was going into the oven for the last time... (See the Cubs at the back?)


He kinda looks really mean, but I think that it works well, seeing as Gruffi is the grumpiest of all the Gummi's...


And that's that. Three down, three to go.

Until next time,
ACL.

PS: Do you remember when I slammed my finger in the door? Well this is that it looks like now. I cannot wait for the nail to grow out, I am so sick of this black spot.
I could cover it with a dark nail polish, but I don't like having nail polish on if I'm working with the clay; lest some pieces flake/chip off and get into the clay.


Surely it cannot be much longer now until it is grown out...

I will add that I am now so cautious of that freaking door, that it almost borders on fear...

No comments:

Post a Comment