Sunday 9 April 2017

My Current Project (well one of them)...

So for those of you who don't know, I moved to Australia a few years ago, and have since become a citizen of this amazing country, and I really love it. Now don't get me wrong, there will always be a part of me that will remain a South African, but my whole life is now here.

Anyway, moving along with my story, the reason I brought up Australia, is because that is the theme of my current project. I am working on a cross stitch of an Aussie map.

A little while ago, I was browsing through some of the randomness of the internet and came across this picture of an Australian map, and I fell utterly, and deeply, in love with it. Here's that picture:


Isn't that just SPECTACULAR?!

Well doing a bit more digging I fund out that it is actually a counted cross stitch pattern, available for purchase and digital download from a lovely (and really cheap) website. Here's that link too: http://witchykittdesigns.com/WKD/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15&products_id=216

Now I am no stranger to x stitching and nor am I unfamiliar with digital patterns. In fact there is a few lovely PDF reader apps that takes the whole printing of the pattern off the table completely, and that is awesome (I use one called ezPDF Reader, it cost a few dollars, but I have found it to be well worth it).
Getting back to digital patterns, although I am not a stranger to this way of buying o stitching charts, I was a little concerned as to how this particular product would turn out. The reason for me trepidation is mainly due to the cost o this chart. In my experience the really good charts (like the ones found on Heaven and Earth Designs) are quite a bit more expensive. In fact, quite a lot more expensive, and I have been let down before when it comes to cross stitching patterns. The biggest problem is that the poor quality is not always clearly visible until I have invested quite a bit of time and effort into the project, not to mention the cost of the material and thread etc. That being said, I was willing to give it a try and, because I liked the picture as much as I did, I gave it a try.

Boy, oh, boy, am I glad I did. So far I am loving it all. The colours. The picture. The stitched piece. All of it.

Now I am not very far into this project, and I have yet to finish a really large x stitch, but that time will also come. Here's what I have so far...





Can you see the koala starting there?






The ruler is in there, just to give you some slight indication of just how big this piece of material is. I daresay that I will be working on this for quire a while, but unfortunately, my focus is not solely on this. I have a few other things that I am also working on, and some of them cannot be pushed aside for more fun things (like my cross stitch), and until sometime in November I will be a little distracted with the course that I am attending (it's boring "real" world stuff, and has nothing to do with my crafts, unfortunately).

Either way I will keep you updated on the progress when it happens, but for tonight, I think that is it.

Until next time,
ACL.

PS  I have been using a new communications platform, and if you are interested in contacting me with questions and/ or comments, find me instantly (messages are sent to my phone) here:
https://reaches.me:8443/urlchat.html?guestid=6aa28459a91aad02692a9334f633919a
 
Its a fairly unique platform with a huge range of uses, but I like the chat. Alternatively, download it form the PlayStore. Search for chatWORLD or follow this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.world.chatworld&hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment