Sunday 2 April 2017

I'm back! (Sea themed coaster, dragons, shawl, scrapbook)

Oh my gosh! How long has it been since I took the time to share some of my projects with you? Too long I think.

Well be that as it may, I have not been idle (for the most part) in my absence, in fact, I have been rather busy with all sorts of things. Here's what's happening in Anna's World (that one's for you Des).

I made this coaster for my hubby and he uses it all the time so it can't be too much of a disaster:




The coaster is supposed to have an ocean theme, and so it includes some fishes and shells etc. Once I had the clay bits glued in place I covered it all with some clear epoxy resin. After the final pour, I lay a thin sheet of plastic over the top and in doing so created the rippling water effect that you can see on the top of the "water."

 

 I also worked on some little dragons for my Bean. I got the clay from my mom and it was a brand that I had not used much of before and so I wanted to just make a little something to see what it would look like and how I liked it.
I'm still not entirely sure. I think it would be fine for smaller projects, like this one, but for something with more - or finer - details, I will stick with Sculpey and Kato for the moment.







 They are only between 4 and 6 cm tall, so really small... But I like them, I think that they are so cute.

And then I also FINISHED something that I have been working on for a long time. The shawl that I blogged about ages and ages ago has now also been completed... However before taking any proper photos of it, I managed to take it to Sydney for a visit and left it there... SMH... What I do have are a few WIP pics (Work In Progress).







 You can find the pattern for this shawl on Ravelry. Here is the link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/a-midsummer-nights-dream-lace-shawl 
I was a little weary of paying that much for just a pattern, but after drooling over all of the photos of it and eventually literally dreaming about it, I gave in and bought it, and to tell you the truth, I'm really glad that I did. I loved making it and I love wearing it. In fact I have now made 2 of them.

I love a challenge and find that if I am not entirely engaged in something I am more likely to abandon it or something.
My favorite part of it has to be the beads, and that was possibly also the most challenging. Here's how I did it:



And then I made also made a wedding scrapbook as a gift. (Ask Mom for all the details)


The idea is that they add the photos themselves as the years pass, starting with some of the memories from their wedding day and then followed by the same thing for each of their anniversaries. I quite like the idea, but I think that if you don't start it by at least your 1st anniversary, it gets really hard to remember all of the subtle details. Here's a photo of each of the pages:

















 



















But WAIT! THAT'S NOT ALL! (Hehe)

I am also working on a cross stitch, but maybe that is a story for another day, so for now...

Until next time,
ACL

PS If there are any projects that you want me to go into in greater details, just let me know, and I'm sure I can oblige. xo

PPS  I have been using a new communications platform, and if you are interested in contacting me with questions and/ or comments, find me instantly (messages are sent to my phone) here:
https://reaches.me:8443/urlchat.html?guestid=6aa28459a91aad02692a9334f633919a
 
Its a fairly unique platform with a huge range of uses, but I like the chat. Alternatively, download it form the PlayStore. Search for chatWORLD or follow this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.world.chatworld&hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment